NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19:
Richmond Veterinary Hospital phased re-opening guidelines begin June 28th!
Richmond Vet will begin a phased re-opening on Monday, June 28th. Here are the changes we will be implementing to maintain a safe environment.
- Since we will not be requiring proof of vaccination, and have some employees who are unable to be vaccinated at this time, we will continue to require that you wear a mask if you choose to enter the building. Masks will be required indoors at all times whether you are vaccinated or not. If you do not want to wear a mask, you may remain outside or in your vehicle.
- We will start allowing ONE client inside with a pet. We will continue to have you call or text when you arrive and a staff member will escort you into the hospital. You will immediately be placed in an open exam room. If no exam rooms are open at the time of your appointment, you will be asked to remain in your vehicle until one becomes available. We will have 3-4 exam rooms open at any given time and do not anticipate a long wait outside for anyone. We will also be adjusting our scheduling to reflect the rooms available.
- Appointments involving multiple pets will still only be allowed inside with ONE owner. A staff member will be happy to assist you if you feel uncomfortable handling more than one pet.
- Once your appointment has been completed, we ask that you remain in the exam room until we are ready to process your payment.
- We will continue to do pre-paid medication pick ups. If you wish to “drop in” to make a purchase, expect to wait outside until we are ready to process your transaction. Keep in mind our front door will remain locked so calling ahead is the quickest way to get what you need.
**Please keep in mind that this newsletter is being published PRIOR to the June 15th California re-opening guidelines being released. Our policies are subject to change depending on the upcoming recommendations from the State of California and Contra Costa County.**
We are excited to begin the re-opening process and ask for your continued patience as we begin this transition. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us! [email protected]